- Wed 2/25: Walking Wednesday--meet at 8:00 at Jack London, Skillman or Water's End Park and walk to school with staff.
- Thursday 2/26: 3-5 Grade Musical. Daytime performance for our student body. Family and Friends, come to the 7 PM show.
- Friday 2/27: Student Council Spirit Day--80's Day--Get your groove on!
- Next week is Read Across America Week: We have a week full of events to celebrate literacy. We are asking every child to bring a "gently used, but in good shape" book to donate to our book swap which will be held on Friday!
- Monday 3/2: Dr. Seuss's birthday--"Hat's off to Reading"--everyone wear a hat to school. We will plant a "reading garden" throughout the day. Don't forget to donate a book to the book swap.
- Tuesday 3/3: Developing a CULTURE of Reading: Kids will have guest readers and storytellers share. Don't forget to donate a book to the book swap if you haven't done so.
- Wednesday 3/4: Reading Around the School: Teachers MIX it up and Read to each other's classrooms. Don't forget to donate a book to the book swap if you haven't done so.
- Thursday 3/5: School-wide READ IN: Wear your PJ's--get cozy and grab a book! In addition to reading all day....we will have several read alouds, reader's theatres, literacy games going on at various spots and times around campus. Don't forget to donate a book to the book swap if you haven't done so.
- Friday 3/6: "Get INTO your Book": Dress up as your favorite book character. Today is book swap day! All students will be able to visit the book swap and choose a book to take home!
Did you read all the way to the end? If so, HATS OFF TO YOU! Lots of great fun ahead!
Auction tickets are on sale now! Purchase through the office or online through the website www.501auctions.com/matthewturner. Do not wait until they are sold out!
Panda Express Takeover Flyer
Please print the flyer or present it on your smart phone in order for the school to get credit for your purchase.
Forward it to your friends and family!
Thank you for your support!
We will be enrolling for Transitional K, Kindergarten
NEW Students entering grades 1 through 5,
beginning on Monday, February 2, 2015 by appointment only.
If you have a child who will be age five (5) by September 1st, you may enroll them for 2015-2016 Kindergarten.
Transitional K is for children who will be age five (5) on September 2nd through December 2nd.
Please click on the link below for all required enrollment documents:
Once you have completed the online enrollment forms and gathered all of the required documentation,
please contact our office ASAP at 747-8390 to schedule an enrollment appointment.
Please be sure to bring ALL of the required documents to the enrollment appointment.
Missing or incorrect documentation will result in your appointment being rescheduled.
Show your school spirit! Get your Matthew Turner Dolphins car magnet now! On sale in the office for $5.00 - exact change is appreciated, or checks can be made out to Matthew Turner PTA.
All volunteers must re-registered each school year. Please stop by the office and we help you get registered. For paperwork visit our Volunteering at School page. Thank you!
Principal's Coffee Chat
Archived Coffee Chat Presentations:
Parents as Writing Partners
Leslie Beatson, Principal
Matthew Turner Elementary School
540 Rose Drive
Benicia, CA 94510